August 6, 2014

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream



I was excited to see NYX being sold at CVS and the CVS near me has recently expanded which means they can display more makeup products. Whenever I wanted to check out any NYX products, I either had to order online or buy them at ULTA. This time I decided to try some of their lip product. Whenever I buy a lip product especially lipsticks or lip color, it has to be creamy, no shimmer, and can stay put. While shopping, I came across NYX products and wanted to try the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. 





Amsterdam, Abu Dhabi, and Milan







I picked up three lip colors (Amsterdam, Abu Dhabi, and Milan). The packaging is nice, small, and can be applied easily. Word of warning : Do not apply this lip product if you suffer from extremely dry or cracked lips. If you do decide to use this lip product, then apply some lip balm for 10 minutes for a better application. These lip colors are truly matte which I love because I do not like shimmer in my lip products. It is creamy and applies wonderfully due to the pigment it has. The color Amsterdam is what I would wear for a more bold look or use it for a night out. Abu Dhabi is a mute lip color which can be worn during the day or for a softer look. My favorite is the shade Milan. It is a nice pink shade and can be worn day or night to match every makeup look. 





Amsterdam, Abu Dhabi, and Milan. 




Talking about pricing...I paid $6.99 per lip color with no discounts. Speaking on basis of pricing, the lip colors are very soft and pigmented so it is worth the price. This is a staple to my makeup collection and I am planning on buying the other shades soon. 





Brush applicator